Welcome to the new SmartSystem
When you have one or more SmartSensors, you can start to use the SmartSystem
The SmartSystem is a midleware that sits between the RMS(RCS64, SSDC or PCLC) and the physical devices (APB and SmartSensor). The SmartSystem hijacs the communication to these devices and add a bunch of possibilities:
- You can have as many pitlanes as you like.
- You can have as many S/F line as you like.
- You can run the SmartSensor in SS mode even on SSDC and PCLC for added Pit stability.
- Remove the Powerbase from your layout to enhance the look of your track.
- 100% compatible with all existing SmartSensors (however their might be a need for a new FW but this will be managed by the SmartSystem app).
- Powerbase simulation for debug, test and learning (Run RMS software without being near your track).
- Minimum extra requirement for the PC running RMS (Win 7 and up).
- Runs on your existing computer.
- All attached SmartSensors will have enabled StartLight.
- Step 1 in a platform for a lot of future development.
- Free 🙂
The pictures indicate the number of SmartSensors (black box) needed to have 2 pitlanes, and 4 S/F lines, if using or not using the APB sensors (only C7042).